- We started a new paleo diet for me and Jerome. Weight is dropping off and we feel so much better.
- I ended up in the ER with heart symptoms that were a little scary. Discovered it is just spasms and my arteries and blood pressure are healthy -- a small medication and I am back on track, but I have the "gift" of my very own cardiologist.
- We had a great family vacation in a beach house. My mom was able to fly out and vacation with us. Even Riane was able to get off work and go with us.
- Braydon is still pursuing his application for the Naval Academy. It is a challenging process and certainly not for the faint of heart.
- I was able to attend a women's conference in Indianapolis this year (Truewoman 2014). It was a great time for many reasons. The speakers were awesome ... and I went alone. It was a free feeling not to worry about what everyone's going to eat for lunch. It also gave me time for reflection and prayer.
- The trip to a family conference in Nashville was good. Riane stayed home to work and care for the animals. One of the best memories is hearing her stories of how the dog was homesick and needed a hot dog to get through and the crazy chickens wanted to kill her.
- Homeschooling has taken a whole new look this year (like almost every year). However, for the most part it is going pretty well.
- Years ago I talked about having a newborn, toddler and teenager in my crazy house. I just realized I have elementary age, teenagers and an adult in my house now. Did I blink?
Friday, October 24, 2014
Just the Highlihts
I never write anymore and have lost touch with the blog. I hardly know where to begin -- certainly catching up on all that has gone on in our family during my blog hiatus would not be possible. So, I guess I will give a highlight list not in any particular order: