The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Saturday, April 13, 2013

No One Told Me There Would Be Days Like These

We all know how it goes, when you are expecting children everyone has a horrific birth story to tell you. When you are rocking that sweet little baby you hear all the stories of the terrible twos or threes that are coming. When that awesome 5 year old is bounding around, you hear stories of the teen craziness to come.
 
When you decide to home school, the stories come out too. How the kids will struggle to get along with their peers, or grow up to be socially inept.  They will demand to return to public school in high school. They will never get into college.
 
When you decide to adopt, especially older children, the stories continue. They will never love you. You will chance attachment disorder. They will influence your other kids. As soon as they are old enough they will leave to find their birth parents.
 
All those stories have some grain of truth in them I suppose. I have probably been guilty of telling a few. I know I have been guilty of fearing them.
 
Scripture tells us that: "Death and life are in the power of the tongue..."(Proverbs 18:21). What an awesome responsibility we have with our stories. I am praying that I can give the power of life with my tongue. I want to tell the truth, "He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness . . ." (Proverbs 12:17. The truth is that some stories just aren't pretty -- some things are hard -- really hard-- and that truth needs to be conveyed. However, I don't want to kill some one's dream or cause their hardship to be even more burdensome. There is a sweetness to the hard, there is a reason for all those hard things we choose to do in having and raising children for the Lord.  I pray that with my truth I don't forget to show forth the glory of God and all the sweetness there is in his ways.
 
After all, no one told me there would be days like these:
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.