The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Resurrection Day

It was a great Easter! I wanted to discourage any middle of the night risers and so baskets didn't go out until 6:00am.


How is it the Easter grass is so much fun?


I didn't plan to have new Easter outfits for everyone. However, the boys have been wanting ties to wear, so it wasn't that long ago we took a family trip for dress shirts and ties. We were out at a fun thrift store run and found Ricky a great suit coat and wouldn't you know it, dresses for the girls -- except Heaven. Then, I popped into a brand new consignment shop and hit the mark.

 
After church no one was allowed to change until we got the obligatory pictures with the cousins.
 
 
After a good meal we all headed out to hunt the eggs.
 



 
The rest of the afternoon was spent playing Candy land, Up words and even Soccer in the yard. We are so thankful that we have great fellowship with our family.
 
We so missed our Riane. She had a lovely Easter in Taiwan, but it wasn't the same. There is a sweet feeling of peace, though -- there is physical separation, but a spiritual oneness in Christ.
 
For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

 
~ Colossians 2:5 ~
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this great read!! I certainly loved every bit of
it. I have you saved as a favorite to check out new things you post…

Visit my blog ... vacation experts international sevierville tn