The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Seeking

There has been much delay since my last blog post. To say I am busy sounds a little cliche -- every body's busy. It just feels that nailing down this new homeschooling year has taken quite an adjustment period on us all. It is good and it is flowing, but I am spending my creative energy in teacher/mommy mode. However, I am ready to ease back into my blog.

This month we are focusing on right heart attitudes as well as "Ask, Seek and knock." A curriculum suggestion was a scavenger hunt. It is not really my style, but I decided it would be fun and break the monotony. Little did I know my plan would land on the first snow of the year.

There were lessons all along way:

#1 Look for God all the time... even during mundane activities -- listen for the nudge to do something different.


All seven of the children walked right by this large board that had a clue clipped to it and dutifully sat down ready for unit study time to begin. I had to sneak up to the back door and encourage them to read the note.

#2 Seeking God means reading His Word carefully so you will be able to follow it.


They studied all their clues very carefully.

#4 Don't Neglect the fellowship of believers. 


They were told to work as a team and they certainly worked together.

#5 There is Joy in Seeing the Lord.



It was fun!

#6 You will face adverse circumstances.

 Bundling up to face the wet snow.

(Someone commandeered the camera to get a picture of the photographer)

#7 Keep Seeking the Lord even when it is hard and you will get a glimpse of Him.

Their first site of Mom in the middle of the field.

#8 When you know where God wants you to go -- don't hold back!

 The Home Stretch!

#9 If you Seek the Lord you will find Him.

 They reached the end.

#10 God promises us rewards for seeking Him.



But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.  ~ Deuteronomy 4:29

No comments: