The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Saturday, October 22, 2011

You are Gifted

I have spent most of my life saying that I am not gifted or talented. I don't have anything to offer. I was so excited to see that my kids -- all of them have gifts that I have long thought were so cool. They are very musical, artistic, well-spoken kids (I may be a little biased!)

Here's an example:



Riane took some old postcards from Yap and an old picture I was given in Argentina and came up with a nice display.

. . .old dried stuff from the creek for her windowsill.

And it is not just Riane ... they all have interesting things.

Then I listened to a sermon by John Piper: "We Were Eager to Share With You Our Own Souls" . He was telling us that we have the gift of the Holy Spirit -- we always have The Gift to share. We ought to be seeking ways to give instead of saying "I'm not gifted." Even saying we have much to learn and heading off to Bible Studies -- are we giving or just receiving?

Please go and listen to this message for yourself. I have to tell you that I turned it on while I was mopping the kitchen floor. Not only was I was mopping, I was constantly redirecting "Go around, I am cleaning the floor." "It will be dry in a minute, just wait." "What do you need, I am mopping the floor." So, I may have missed essential parts of the message or even misrepresented.

I will say this, since I have the Holy Spirit, I am guessing that is the message he had for me that day.

You are gifted, now go share it.

1 comment:

Richardson Family said...

you are extremely gifted, you inspire me and don't even know it.