The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The New Appliance

Let me just say upfront: Jerome and I love coffee. We really love coffee and we drink more than we probably should.

Consequently, every so often, we need a new coffee pot. We like coffee, but we really aren't willing to spend big money on a really fancy coffee maker. So, we sometimes are not satisfied with how our coffee comes out, but it's Okay.

The time came, and our current pot was definitely on the way out. I stopped in at our local thrift store for a few things and lo and behold I saw it:

THE PERCOLATOR

Ah! Now there's something I hadn't thought of before. Why not?  I plunked down my $4 and headed home. I washed it up and then I turned it on with only water in it. I just wanted to see if it worked and I didn't want to waste actual coffee. It worked! The girls and I drank tea that evening.

I had to Google Percolators to figure out how to actually use one, but what do you know, it is so simple. Add water to the line (20 Cups!). Put the metal bar and ready made plastic (forever!) filter in . Fill the filter to the line (20 cups!) and plug it in. No fancy timers and clocks. No paper filters. Just water and coffee.

Did I tell you it makes 20 cups! I only have to set this thing up once the night before and we are good all day. The coffee tastes great and doesn't end up with that burnt flavor.

Riane really hates the '70's green motif, but I say embrace the retro-ness of it.

I just don't think I will ever get a drip maker again.

No comments: