The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Thursday, April 7, 2011

He's Back ...


AND . . .


HE'S HUNGRY!

His first words off the plane were "Mom, I am hungry!"
To which I replied, "Is that all you have to say to your Mother?"

It is so good to have him home. It was quite an experience for him, one he is still processing and resting up from. He came back pretty wiped out and keeps trying to catch naps. Unfortunately, we are kind of a busy family -- so I am forever making him wake up and move on to the next thing. I am sure that in a few days or so he will get back into the routine.

To this Mama's ears his guitar strumming is sweet indeed.

Other family news:

Our old dog Dexter is looking like his days are winding down. Today I took him to the vet and I made every kid go with me just in case we had to decide to put him down. The Dr. thought that a cortisone shot and some anti-inflammtory medicine would make him more comfortable for awhile and would could buy some more time. His arthritis is in his neck and he could hardly lift his head. He is looking better tonight already.

Our adoption is still in the matching/waiting phase. We sent out a some homestudies and one worker has responded with additional information to see if we would still like to be considered. We said Yes. Beyond that we haven't heard anything.




3 comments:

MamaAnt said...

They must not feed the boys well enough up there...LOL! When my two oldest served up in HQ for three months a couple of years ago, that was the first thing out of my son's mouth too. He wanted to know where we were going to eat lunch! LOL!

Glad he is home.

I hope your matching comes up soon.

Hannah B. said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog! It's so fun to "meet" new families. :) How neat that your son was able to attend a Journey to the Heart! Five of us kids have been on one and were greatly blessed.

Tammie H. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.