The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Pictures

I promised to follow my last post with some pictures and here they are:

We got to spend some time hanging out with our niece and nephew.




I was really brave and tried to put locs in Mary's hair. This picture below shows how tiny I braided all of her hair. It took me forever and eventually we considered it a failed project. A little disappointing for both of us, but I sure did learn a lot in the process. Many things that I needed to improve upon in the care of her hair type. The best website / blog I found is called Keep Me Curly. It has helped me immensely!



On Labor Day we visited a local lake with our family. This lake does not allow any motorized water craft. It made for an awesome day.


Jerome was the master chef!


Mary, Adela, Ricky and Wokelle took swimming lessons. My camera kept dying, but I was able to catch this photo. The older three have passed enough that they won't be needing anymore lessons. Wokelle improved so much. They even had him diving off the side. If he would just swim on top of the water...


We made it to a local library sale and had a wonderful time spending money. Can't say that very often! For $12 each I ended up with solid wood chairs for our homeschool area instead of these rather worn-out office chairs we desperately needed to get rid of.


We also snagged two computers. We still need to hook them up and see how they work, but $5 is pretty good.



Braydon is a full-blown teenager now. Which means he eats, plays guitar, eats, sleeps, eats, plays basketball, eats, sleeps and it starts over again tomorrow.



Riane, Braydon and Mary were involved in our church's youth Sunday. One of Riane's contributions was sewing this tiger puppet with no instructions!


As you can see, life this summer has been full and exciting.

Just a note of coming attractions. The Tribe has prayerfully decided to enter the adoption ring again. We have chosen an agency and started the paperwork -- the adventure continues.....

2 comments:

Benji & Amy said...

Adoption again!! Yea!!! I can't wait to see what God will bring you this time!!

Valerie said...

Debbie - WOW - that's all I've got!

Valerie