The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4H and VBS

This year Riane signed up to join the local 4H club. She is quite a seamstress and she thought this would give her some focus and be fun. She walked to all her meetings at the town hall and even became treasurer of her group. For her first ever fair judging she decided to sew a 1960's lined coat dress from a vintage pattern. WHEW! nothing like challenging yourself! I don't know yet what the judge thought, but I give it an A+.


Last week we had Vacation Bible School at our church. Our theme was the rainforest and it was a lot of fun. I have to let the secret out -- Braydon WAS Cameron the Chameleon:


The younger set loved him!


Wokelle and his cousin Joanne had a great time in their class:



I was a helper in Ricky's class:



The great leader of our 3rd and 4th set was Miss Carol. You can see her sitting in the back. She had everything organized - super crafts for all and everything timed out just right! I couldn't believe it -- I just showed up and smiled a lot.

Mary made new friends with the teen group and her class put on a puppet show on the last day.



Adela was in 5th and 6th this year and struggled a bit with kids she didn't really know, but in the end she had fun.



Riane helped out in the 1st and 2nd grade class and she loved those little guys more than she ever thought she would!



It was a busy and full week and, before I knew it, I found these little guys hiding out in my bed:


No comments: