The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's Still Winter and Some Pictures

I woke up this morning and stuck my camera out the door.


It is still winter -- in a big way! Of course, it doesn't sound anything like what Washington DC got hammered with, but still...



The kids had fun building tunnels while helping Dad get ready to run the big snowblower.

Lately, school has been in winter too. We are back to the routine and I really don't have any exciting news to report on the blog. However, I thought I would tack on some of our fun pictures anyway.



Here's a lovely picture or our old dog Dexter. He is getting so old that he is starting to act a little goofy and we wonder how long we will have him around. He absolutely loves this silly little toy I picked up for him at Christmas. The kids always want him to have a stocking and I totally forgot. As I was making one last run through Kroger I remembered and ran down the pet aisle and just picked something. He hasn't torn it up yet and he still plays with it. I call it Platy short for Platypus -- the funniest looking baby I ever saw.



Some of our children have unique talents! Wokelle's is sleeping in any position. Here he is sleeping sitting straight up -- it is amazing to me. I have even seen him sleep standing up. He just sort of slightly leans over onto something, but he is gone. I wonder if this will come in handy some day.



I just love digital cameras. It gives you the ability to crop stuff out. I have cropped out a sink of dirty dishes - disheveled rooms filled with toys and even sometimes pesky brothers who hop in and act silly. Take this lovely sister picture. Once it was this:




No comments: