The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Hallalujah March

The last week or so has been particularly difficult at our house. School is a big struggle and kid stuff -- obedience and temper tantrums. I think that having no sun shining for days on end has affected the mood inside the house.

As I was trying to wash up the dinner dishes, the dog started inexplicably barking out of control, kids were loud and unruly, thoughts of Nurse Cratchett flowed through my head : "Medication time, Medication time." It felt like a looney bin around here.

Then, I realized we just needed something to be happy about. So, who did something....  ah yes.... Ricky has struggled with focus and schoolwork all week, but finished on time and with great work today. It was time for the Hallelujah march!


Selecting the proper equipment.





Braydon graciously played a march for us.



Off we go!




Nothing much had changed from my sink time slump. It was still loud, probably louder. The dog still would not stop barking. But we had changed. We were laughing, working together and celebrating. In the hardness of life - child training, educating, and sometimes just standing, I can get pulled down into the struggle of it all. Once in awhile, I just need to pick my head up, find something, anything, to praise and bang a lid - Hallelujah!

Keep up the good work buddy!

No comments: