The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Friday, December 4, 2009

The Holidays Have Hit Us

Boy have they ever.  We have flown through Thanksgiving and I am busy working on Christmas -- almost entirely online this year. The boxes keep arriving and I put them in my closet. I have yet to open any to make sure that I have received what I ordered -- CRAZY!. I did get my Christmas decorations up Thanksgiving weekend. That is a new record for me. Also, we started our Jesse Tree devotions only one day late.  Pretty awesome for me. Here' s a roundup of some of our activities.



My Mom made it in to see us!



Crazy things happened to me. Like getting a amazing wad of gum in my hair (don't ask how). Riane took it out with a lot of hair grease. What do people do without teenagers at home to help out in a crisis?







We went to Braydon's Bible quiz where he took 16th place out of a couple hundred quizzers. Way to go Braydon! As exciting as that was, there is a lot of down time at quizzes where we sit around playing with our cameras:








The very next day we were off to the piano recital. When the teacher found out Riane wanted to learn how to play I Dreamed a Dream she decided to be Susan Boyle for a night and sang a solo. It was a great recital.



We had a nice, but quiet Thanksgiving and can hardly believe that Grandma has already gone back to the land of twinkle and shine.

We will be having some great times leading up to Christmas including a production of the Messiah and a visit to a live Nativity as well as a church Christmas program that includes most of the kids. I hope to keep things updated here, but sometimes we are so busy livin' it, that it is hard to make time to blog it!

No comments: