The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mama's Birthday

My birthday was November 13 and it was a wonderful day. Actually, it started the night before when Braydon was moved to pray

"Thank you, Lord, that you have allowed Mom to make it to 44."

I don't usually retort a child's prayer, but it slipped out of my mouth a little too quick,

"Not yet, buddy!"

Well, Praise God, the sun rose the next day and indeed I made it to 44.

My girls made me the most beautiful cake:



We had a lot of fun just hanging around the table:



















Some of my best gifts were kisses:







Back at ya' baby!


!




My official gift was a new set of kitchen knives. Something that I really needed. Ricky seemed to think they were cool too:



In the evening my Ladies Small Group Bible Study came over. Not to celebrate my birthday in particular, but our group takes a hiatus over the holidays and will not pick up again until February. At the last dinner party we enjoy each other and reveal who our "secret sisters" have been for the last 8 weeks or so.  I have never been so blessed as I have been by this group of women. When we came back to this church, my first question was do you still have small group. Then I racked my brain to figure the schedule out around my kids. These women pray, listen, cry, laugh and generally hold each other up as we walk along the road towards Christ. I say things there that I would not say anywhere else and I know that what is said in small group stays in small group. I love my sisters and it was a double blessing to have them on my birthday. Thank you ladies for a wonderful evening.

All I can say about the next few pictures is: be careful when you leave the tribe alone with a camera.