The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Friday, September 18, 2009

Things I would Never Do If I Weren't Homeschooling

A couple of years ago, our family went on a trip to Jerome's home Island, Yap. While we were there, I was having such unique experiences that I began to write a list in my notebook of "Things I would never do in Ohio." Since we have started back to school, I have begun a new list:

Things I Would Never Do If I Weren't Homeschooling
  1. Buy notebooks by the case.
  2. SIT around a ping pong table every day.
  3. Covet red pens.
  4. Teach a 4 year old letter sounds, a 9 year old cursive, a 10 year old fractions, a 12 year old the formula for a circumference of a circle, and a 15 year old Geometry proofs in one morning.
  5. Teaching #4 while I throw in a load of laundry and ponder dinner.
  6. Decide the first snow day should be a day off school.
  7. Decide to have school on Martin Luther King's birthday, but take school off for any birthday of a Googeg.
  8. Understand that the arrival of bread fruit at the international grocery in Cincinnati necessitates an immediate closure of school and a two hour road trip.
  9. Expect that no child should be working on school after 3:00pm unless there are extenuating circumstances.
  10. Spend enormous amounts of irreplacable and fleeting time with my lovelies.

2 comments:

Richardson Family said...

I admire you so much, I could never do it! The kids will have wonderful memories of this time of their lives.

Richardson Family said...

I admire you so much, I could never do it! The kids will have wonderful memories of this time of their lives.