The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Week's Round Up

My digital camera is on the blitz so I don't have any pictures to share. Many times this week I have said "Now, that's a blog post." So, I am going to try to round them up for you here.

1. "Fer to go"

Jerome is having another bout with vertigo this week. Trust me, we are a compassionate family, however, the running joke is that we call it Fer to Go. He gets dizzy and almost falls, therefore we feel he doesn't have ____ ___ _____!

2. "Girly Pants"

We watched a movie called Faith Like Potatoes. I can't say enough about it -- what an awesome movie. Without giving too much away, the main character is Scottish, but was born and has always lived in Africa. At one point he makes a trip to the "land of his forefathers" and comes home with a kilt that he puts on to show off. Wokelle saw this and says: "Why is that guy wearing GIRLY PANTS?" I know he doesn't know what a kilt is, but I thought he had picked up the word skirt.

3. "You can lick the plastic"

Riane started her summer job. Like last year she will bake and work at the Farmer's Market in nearby St. Marys. She spends some of Thursday evening and usually all day Friday baking and sells on Saturday mornings. While she was baking she told Jerome and I that she NEVER licks a spoon or dish because she figures every scrape she can get out of the pan is a potential sell and she is all about making the sale. Then later in the day she asks me if I have ever tasted the dough of a chocolate cookie she is working on. "I don't know -- if I've baked it; I am sure I have tasted it."

"No Mom, I don't think you have ever made these."

"Oh, well, probably not then."

"You have to taste it-- it's amazing!"

"You told us today you never lick! I am not going to taste your dough."

"Don't worry Mom -- you can lick the plastic!"

At this point, I fell on the floor. I mean my heart was so full with the love I was feeling. "Mom, you can lick the plastic?" Just pause here and wipe the tear out of your eye.

In other news, we have had many activities this week. We have our investment house up for sale, but have finally rented it this week.

I mentioned Riane's working, but Adela bakes for the market this year too. She bakes on Thursday morning and Riane sells it at the stand. She only had time for a pan of brownies, but cleared $7.50 -- her first job -- not bad. We told Braydon he could have any junk we didn't want and try a garage sale to make a buck. He cleared $23 this week. The other children are inspired and want to come up with money making ideas. We'll see how creative they get.

We have been tent camping in our backyard this weekend. It was fabulous, lots of time around the bonfire roasting "Dog - o's" (Wokelle's term) and playing hide and seek in the dark. We also made a trip to a local lake for a little swimming.

I hope to get my camera up and running soon so that I can share pictures next time.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I think the funny conversations even out weigh the cute photos!