The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Winterjam

Last night we took the family to Fort Wayne, Indiana to watch the Winter Jam concert. This is a contemporary Christian concert that always charges $10 at the door to watch. Riane went on the teen bus from our church. We dropped her off and headed in ourselves. It took about an hour and 1/2 to drive to Fort Wayne. By the time we arrived, an hour before the doors opened, and the line was winding around the parking lot.

We did get in and found a few friends of ours sprinkled around the arena. We headed up to the top section -- no real seats -- I mean there are 7 of us! They had chairs that they put up on the side. However, our seats we right behind a piece of glass and it distorted the sound. If you stood up and moved over to the railing you could hear better. I stood most of the concert with Wokelle on my hip.

Don't feel sorry for me - I love a good rockin' concert and I was having fun! Adela, Ricky and Mary were a bit scared by the loud chaos. Ricky fell asleep on Dad's lap. Mary got so tired she was slumping in the chair. Both girls were asking me how long we were going to stay. I thought it was so funny. This morning everyone was up bright eyed and singing last night's songs.

Next year, I would definitely spring the extra couple bucks for the few seats you can buy the advanced tickets for. Standing in line was not the most fun.

Jerome is not a concert guy. This was his sacrifice because he thought the family would love it. It is, however, my thing and I had the most fun. The kids really had a blast -- they had just never seen anything like 11,000 screaming people and first times are always scary for them.

Everyone was in bed before 1:00am. Sometimes we have to break the routine and do something totally unexpected by the kids. A good time for all.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I picked up on the loud noises being scary Akins is very sensitive to noise wonder if that comes from too many loud BAD noises going off at all hours of the night and day. Can't blame them. Glad you had fun!