The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In the Course of Time..

"In the course of time..." one of my favorite phrases from the Bible. Things don't immediately happen or get resolved, but "in the course of time.."

Unfortunately, I have been so busy I haven't gotten around to updating the blog. Braydon had his "real" 12th birthday. A normal day at home, with the cheesecake he requested and a couple of cards from family and friends.

I have been struggling to get my footing again, and think I may have hit a new balance. School is going better and we are starting to have fun again. It seems that every so often we hit a hard spot and it is some struggle to get back into the balance again. Now Wokelle is begging for "meeting time" with Mom. I have to gear up for pre-school.

I have been selected for Grand Jury duty. First, I received a notice for jury duty and I really have no reason to ask not to serve. Then I was given a date to report. I have never served on Jury Duty and what I expected was a questioning and perhaps a day of service. Not so! I was chosen for Grand Jury duty. An entirely different animal it turns out. Our job is to hear cases from the prosecutor only and decide if there is enough evidence for the case to be held over for trial. It only takes a few minutes for each case to be presented. I served my first day last month, and we heard 9 cases in a couple of hours. However, another aspect of our "job" is to tour the county jail to ensure that all is well there. We haven't done our tour yet, but will probably do so this month. My next jury duty day is this Friday.

What an unusual feeling. I get dressed and done up -- kiss my kids and go off to work. Something I haven't done since Riane was a baby. Jerome fills in with the home school and gets the kids through lunch. Last time I was home just in time for lunch. I am not sure if we will have some longer days or not. My service will last until April. Only one day a month -- doesn't sound like much -- but it is another wrinkle in our lives. Kind of interesting and enjoyable though. I spent an entire morning not saying more than 5 words. I didn't need to say anything -- my primary job was to listen. Oh, At home 5 words come out of my mouth before my feet hit the floor. Maybe there is a lesson for me here!

Life is being lived at Mach 5 over here, but "in the course of time" I will get more blog updates going.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I know the feeling of not getting the blog updated I am slacking too!