The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Morning

It was kind of a rough night. The rule is, you can get up and get your stocking, but don't wake Mom and Dad up until 6:00am. Since the kids buy their own Christmas presents you wouldn't think they would be so anxious -- but they were very excited. I get a little excited too, because stockings are all mine I mean Santa's. I can hardly wait to see what they think.

I could hear Mary and Adela up and I tried to go back to sleep. Finally, I decided to check on them, I didn't want everyone's stocking strewn everywhere. I went by Adela's room and she called out. She said they went downstairs, but Santa's cookies were still all on the plate he hadn't been here yet! Funny -- the Santa I sleep with was down by 10:30pm. Oh well, I laid down with her to help calm her down. I got back up about an hour later and tried to sleep some more in my own bed. Finally, I just got up, got dressed and waited with the camera to get the first shots.

Here comes Mr. Wokelle.

The kids are loving their surprises.
Braydon is making his grand entrance.

WHAT! Too early for you Riane?



The gift opening goes on -- they know what they got, but they can't wait to get at it. It is so funny when the kids have their own money to spend. They often buy gifts for others. Ricky, very excitedly, bought me a bottle of 47cent glue. I absolutely love it and it is sitting in the middle of my kitchen desk. That is HEART.



Here's the big gift we planned for Grandma. The kids "all put their hands to work" as Braydon said right before she opened it.



The rest of the day was spent enjoying our things and each other. All those leftovers were appreciated.




Mary, how was your first American Christmas?

4 comments:

Richardson Family said...

I LOVE Grandma's gift, I might have to steal that idea!
Why does a mom of 6 look so good and refreshed on Christmas morning???
My new years resolution is to have as positive an attitude as you and also the faith in God you display. I know the second is key!

The Googeg's said...

OOOH Sue hang on to the second one. This blog is written after a few late night sessions with Jerome saying "when is this kid (or that kid) gonna get it?" A lot of morning prayer time and reflection. My friend says when you are up to your elbows in kids you better be over your head with Jesus

Valerie said...

Looks like a full house. Full of love and fun that is!

Shelby and Lori said...

Everyone looks so happy! I am glad it was a great holiday for everyone.