The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve

It is a little late for a Christmas Eve post, but for the couple of you that actually read my blog, I will attempt to catch us up over the next few posts.

Christmas Eve is one of the most fun times for our family. We have our big dinner that night. I make sure there is lots of food, because I do not intend to work on Christmas Day. We had Jerome's brother Ayin and his wife Joy and little Joanne over. We exchange gifts with them and I also give out this year's ornaments. Every child gets a new keepsake ornament every year. When they grow up they will beautiful ornaments (with lots of memories).


We had an impromptu Mary and Joseph play. I missed it, but Wokelle is a mighty Joseph.

Mary dressed all in white to be the narrator.


Grandma finally made it from the land of sparkle and shine to enjoy Christmas with us.



Uncle Ayin.




Joanne gets a present!



The only ornament I got a picture of. Riane is holding her gold Baldwin piano. This was big piano year for Riane as she played a lot and even joined the praise team. I went with a gold theme - Braydon's was a cross, Mary a butterfly, Adela and angel, Wokelle a little red fire truck and Ricky a train.


A three generation picture of some girls!

It was a wonderful evening and we closed with our advent Jesse Tree project, cookies for Santa and off to bed.






No comments: