The Googegs - Strangers in the World

The Googegs - Strangers in the World

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Break In the Day

"Green acres is the place to be...."

I don't know how well you can see them, but our family devotions this morning were interrupted by the sight of these two deer right out our window. There are some advantages to living on the edge of a village.
What a nice break -- a moment to breathe in the middle of busy family life and .. dare we forget ... presidential elections.
I hesitated to comment on the election since this is a family news blog, however, it would seem a rather large gap to not even make a nod toward such an event. All I will say in this venue, is that I voted. Who I voted for is of no real consequence. God has ordained a new leader for our country. My job is to obey and pray for the authorities placed over me as long as they do not contradict the Word of the Lord.
Proverbs 21:1... The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
AHH all is in the hands of God. And he is gracious enough to bring deer to my window to brighten my day.

No comments: